- Go for a hike.
- Participate in a bird count.
- Plant a tree to replace the one you cut.
- Decorate outdoors with food for the birds.
- Make gifts.
- If you buy, buy less, buy smart and think green.
- Look for locally made gifts, upcycled gifts, gifts made from recyclable materials, and don’t be afraid to re-gift.
- Wrap gifts in cloth, or newspaper, paper bags, or anything that is beautiful, thoughtful and environmentally friendly.
- Consider the impact of Christmas lights and try to reduce energy use.
- Recycle your tree; live trees can be planted, cut trees can be mulched and composted, and artificial trees can be recycled.