2017 CSA Registration is Coming Soon!
Welcome to Crown Point Ecology Center Community Supported Agriculture program! Once again, we are planning for twenty (20) weeks of CSA distribution, if the weather allows. We anticipate our first distribution day to be the end of May, but we will confirm with all our members the week before our first scheduled CSA distribution. It will go until the last week of September. Keep in mind, there may be fewer items during the first part of summer and more items towards the end of the growing season.
- Discount of 10% with your Crown Point Membership!
- Support food equity through the First Fruits Initiative! Supporting our CSA program also helps support families that don’t have access to fresh, healthy vegetables. You can donate $35 with your purchase to provide a weekly share for a family in need.
- Choose Your Pick Up Day! Wednesday or Friday from 2:30-6:30
- Choose your own produce from the week’s offerings. No need to take items you won’t eat that week. (Please bring your own bags or containers to transport your fresh produce home.)
- Optional Shares of Hartzler’s Family Farm Milk 1/2 gallons available in whole, 2% or fat free and Hartzler’s Family Farm butter in 2 lb roll.
- Receive our CSA newsletter, The Leaf, the Monday before you pick up, telling you what will be in the next week’s share with ideas and tips for how to prepare some of the unique items we grow at Crown Point.
- No requirement to purchase a Standard, Half, or Winter Share in order to purchase Optional Shares.
- Crown Point membership is not required (but it’s totally worth the 10% discount).
Standard Share ($700) —One share of weekly vegetable harvest for 20 weeks (June – Sept.). Each full share is designed to provide a week’s worth of vegetables for a family of four, or two serious veggie lovers.
Half-Share ($350) — Half of a share as the standard share picked-up every week. 20 weeks (June-Sept). Each half share is designed to provide a week’s worth of vegetables for a couple, or one serious veggie lover.
Winter Share ($210) — Six pick-ups during October and November of cold-hardy greens and storage crops including potatoes, winter squash, and more.
Chevre Goat Cheese Share ($70) — Fresh chevre goat cheese from Lake Erie Creamery delivered every other week — 10 six oz. packages total through the main season
Feta Cheese Share ($75) — Goat’s milk feta in brine from Lake Erie Creamery delivered every other week. Ten 8 oz. packages throughout the main season.
Organic Egg Share ($60) — Fresh, certified organic eggs from Mud Run Farm delivered every other week. Ten dozen throughout the main season.”
Milk Share ($45 — 1/2 gallon or $70 gallon) – 10 weeks of Hartzler’s Milk in glass 1/2 gallon or gallon containers. Available in whole, 2% or fat free.
Butter Share ($52)– Hartzler’s 2 lb roll. Salted or unsalted. Pick up first week of the month for a total of 4.
Winter Cheese Share ($30) — Specialty cheeses in October and November.
Picking Up Your Share:
How To Pick Up Your Share: Please park in the grassy area that has “Parking” signs pointing to it. Come to the lower section of the big old red wooden barn. Please bring your own cloth bags or totes.
What if you can’t pick up your share?