Weekly Day Camps
Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m
$180/2 or more siblings
BEFORE AND AFTER CARE
(Provided for an additional fee. No daily rates)
AM care (7:45 a.m. – 9 a.m.): $40/week
PM care + snack (3 p.m. – 5:45 p.m.): $55/week
Both AM & PM = $70 ($25 savings)
Summer 2017 is our 24th year of Summer Farm and Science Camp!
Children ages 7 – 11 are invited to join us to experience Crown Point’s 115- acre ecology center and farm. Crown Point’s Farm and Science Day Camp is like none other with campers enjoying the vast wonder of nature, ecology and agriculture.
• Discover the natural cycles of plants, animals and people on a farm.
• Follow their food from field to plate, and even, try new vegetables!
• Explore farm fields, and hike through the woodlands and meadows.
• Investigate the living creatures that inhabit the ponds and wetlands.
• Play team building games.
• Study bees at our beehive with beekeeper Larry.
• Create a children’s farmers market.
• Unplug, get dirty and enjoy nature and the great outdoors.
• Meet new friends and so much more!
Held on the grounds of Crown Point and in our Century Barn, 3220 Ira Road, Bath, OH.
Through investigation and unlimited discovery explorers learn the natural cycles of plants, animals and people on a farm. Crown Point’s land is a living classroom that awakens children’s sense of wonder through activities and games rooted in ecology, art, math, and language arts.
We investigate the living ecosystem in the Hausfeld Children’s Garden and explore the farm from field to forest, and barn to pond. Along the way, we harvest and prepare food for daily snacks, play team-building games, and learn how to set-up and run a children’s farm market!
Join us as we explore the farm, and follow our food from the field to the plate! Celebrate the life of a farmer as you work and play at Crown Point!
- Seed Dispersal- in woods, fields or gardens
- Plant Parts
- Food Web
- Scavenger Hunt/Fort Building
- Understanding Soil vs. Dirt and Worm Organic Composting
- Pond Dipping – find macros and discuss the effects of clean vs. polluted water on our watershed and the farm/plants
- Pollinators – Beehive presentation and related activities about the importance of pollinators like bees, birds, butterflies and bats
- What is a CSA?
- Children’s Farmers Market