Crown Point membership directly supports our mission to demonstrate the practical applications of ecology, guided by the principals of community, justice, spirituality, and sustainability. This valued relationship furthers our capacity to bring hope and health to the next generation. Please consider renewing your membership . . . or become a new member today!
Benefits of membership include:
- Discounts on program and work shop registrations
- Invitation to members only events
- Early bird admission to the annual spring organic plant sale
- 10% discount on CSA share (as available)
- Discount tuition to Summer Farm & Science Camp
As a direct result of Membership support Crown Point Ecology Center has:
- Donated healthy organic food to our First Fruits Initiative which includes the Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank, the Good Samaritan Hunger Center, and the CANAPI project at Harmony Place.
- Since 1997 Crown Point has donated over 140 tons of produce to our various food security partners. Crown Point’s donation is the largest source of locally grown, certified organic produce for the hungry in an eight county area.
- Donated over 3,500 plants to 15 community gardens, Harvest for Hunger plots and school gardens.
- Provided learning opportunities for hundreds of children through its Summer Farm & Science Camp. Many of these children are from inner city neighborhoods who were able to attend through full or partial scholarship support.
- Introduced students at four local schools to the techniques and philosophies of sustainable land use, fresh vegetables and good nutrition.
- Played a leadership role in the development of the first-ever Summit County Food Charter which was adopted by Summit County Council and six other city councils. This document and related political support provide guidance to individuals, organizations and municipalities throughout Summit County in ways to achieve the vision that “Summit County is home to an economically vibrant, local and regional food industry and all residents are able to obtain and prepare nutritious food.”
In addition to these community benefits, members of Crown Point will benefit personally by wandering our fields, woodlands and wetland areas, and reconnecting with nature to refresh your mind, body and spirit.
CPEC is an IRS 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation. Part of your membership may qualify as a charitable deduction for federal income tax purposes. The amount of the contribution that is deductible is limited to the excess of money contributed by the donor over the value of the goods and services provided by the organization.